Why you need to keep your WordPress Blog up to date!gozen
As many of you already know, WordPress is one of the easiest scripts to keep updated especially when the updates are auto-installed without any interaction or with just a couple of quick steps for the core and for any 3rd party plugins you might have installed (we all have) on your website.
Updating WordPress is very important so you shouldn’t ignore the update warnings you get every time there’s a new one like the following.
WordPress will typically release updates for the following reasons
- To improve features! New features that are released quite often help make WordPress easier to use and in many cases faster to load and it’s always wise to update almost as soon as the new update is out there rather than to wait for later versions to release.
- A lot of people WORK feverishly to improve and fix problems with WordPress which only means that updated versions are released pretty frequently.
- Safety reasons! WordPress updates may contain new security features that will only help you keep hackers from breaking into your website and inserting malicious code or malware.
- Bug Fixes! New updates can also fix bugs that you’re experiencing on your site so if something doesn’t work the way it was supposed to, you may just need to update WordPress.
- Updating your plugins is just as imperative as updating WordPress and you should update the plugins at top priority even before you update WordPress to prevent your plugins from breaking.
Many WordPress based websites have been hacked due to outdated plugins so make sure you have them all up to date. Old software is Extremely Vulnerable so when a new WordPress or Plugin update is released it comes with a bug fix report that …it’s also available to hackers and that makes the site that’s using this, a target.
The simplest way to avoid being targeted is to keep everything updated.