How Can I Build a Website That Best Positions My Company?
Optimizing any website starts with functionality, making it easy for readers to access and navigate through. The best place to start is with your foundation and ensuring your structural elements are in place.
Here are some tips that can help
Ensure your site is well-organized and works for customers and prospects.
- Aim for six to eight main categories of information and give each one it’s own tag or button. More than this can overwhelm users.
- Use the same navigational structure on every page. Consistency is important.
- Create a clear hierarchy on each page. Head, subhead, etc., so that your information is easy to find.
- Be careful about getting too “fancy” with flash graphics or even using too many graphics. This will slow down your site and distract viewers. Simpler is better.
- Standardize your fonts used. Use the ones most computers already have and don’t use too many of them.
- Don’t use too many colors and be sure they are readable. There is nothing more frustrating than blue text on a black background.
- Leave enough white space. There are no bonuses for using all the space on a page. Keep it clean.
- Don’t make your pages too long. Viewers hate continually scrolling down to find information. Break it up into a few, easy to read and navigate pages.
- Be sure to include the basics – phones numbers, email contact info, addresses, and directions.
- Take some time to test your site. Get people who have NOT been involved in the project to go through it and give you honest feedback. Adjust as needed.
How can you get all this started?
A Starter Web Hosting Site is included at no extra charge with your GoZen Host plan, making it easy and affordable to launch and build a website that works for your business.
The package includes everything you need to get started, including a domain name and simple starter template for Joomla, WordPress, or an HTML site, 1 GB of storage space, 50 GB data transfer, Softaculous, CloudFlare, and much more.